Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Low-Carb/Egg Fast Cheese Loaf


Tonight I took an existing recipe courtesy of my co-administrator of the Facebook page Low-Carb & Egg Fast Support group, Jaslyn, and transformed it to my taste! It was quite delicious too and a perfect dinner as well! 

Ingredients 
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil 
- 6 handfuls of Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp green Tabasco hot sauce 

Instructions
- preheat oven to 350 degrees 
- spray the bread pan with cooking spray 
- melt butter in a microwave safe dish 

- add eggs, olive oil, and hot sauce to the bowl and blend with a hand mixer 
- gently fold in 4 handfuls of cheese 

- pour the mixture into a bread pan and sprinkle 2 more handfuls of cheese on top

- bake for 30 mins
- let sit for a minute or two to allow the butter to seep into the loaf 

- slice into 6 pieces and enjoy!! 

I ate 2 slices- equivalent to 2 eggs, 2 fat, and 2 (handfuls) cheese for one meal. It was quite filling and, as I mentioned, delicious! 

Hope you'll try it too!!
Gigi 



8 comments:

  1. Hi Regina, it's looks amazing and simple. I am trying it right now and I will let you know how I did.

    Chika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chika! So glad you're giving it a try! You can even add seasonings to give it a different flare! Enjoy and let me know how you liked it!

      Gigi

      Delete
    2. These are freaking amazing! I could eat the whole loaf in one sitting

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing! glad i came across this recipe! I've been Keto a year and just now seeing this! This could be a serious staple!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have it in the oven *fingers crossed* (because I'm sick of hard boiled eggs...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I will do an Italian version of this using 1/2 Parmesan cheese and 1/2 Mozzarella with Italian spices <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does this turn out like a cheese quiche? I'm wanting to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!