Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Low-Carb/Egg Fast Savory Donuts


Well I'm on Round 3 of my Egg Fast. I overindulged this weekend so I'm going to take it off with a four day Egg Fast! Today I am trying something a little different. I really love my sweets, but this morning I tried something with a more savory taste. Check it out!

Ingredients
- 4 eggs 
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 tbsp butter 
- 1/2 tsp of the following ingredients:
Thyme, Cream of Tartar, Minced Onions, Garlic Powder, Perfect Pinch- Bacon & Chive flavor 

Instructions
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- melt butter and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl or cup. I used my magic bullet for this. 
- add the eggs and blend. Again, I blended everything together in my magic bullet. 
- add the spices and mix again
- spray the donut pan with cooking spray 
- pour mixture into the donut pan 

- bake for 15 mins 
- take out of the oven and enjoy! 


*While I used my spices, I just pulled out what I had in my spice cabinet to pull off this recipe. You can try different spices too- Italian, Rosemary, Cayenne, Creole, etc. Be creative and don't be afraid of a little spice!*

I ate 3 donuts for lunch- equivalent to 2 eggs, 2 tbsp butter, and 2 tbsp cream cheese total. They were good and a step in another taste direction- SaVoRy

Gigi 

Hey! Did you even notice that this is my pancake recipe?!?




2 comments:

  1. How did you keep these from sticking to the donut pan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Thanks for stopping by. Try using a cooking spray or butter and wipe the inside of the donut pan with it. This should prevent the donut from sticking! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!