Monday, October 6, 2014

Low-Carb Butterscotch Frosty

Not being a cook, I was thrilled when I found a recipe on Pinterest for a low-carb chocolate frosty. I crave sweets and haven't had a milkshake in forever! So I jotted down the recipe, went shopping, and came home to make my own yummy creation!

Here's the easy recipe:
2 c ice
3/4 c water
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp dry sugar free pudding mix - I used SF jello brand butterscotch pudding
1/4 c cool whip 

Directions: 
1. Crush ice and water in blender - I use a smoothie maker because it has more settings. 
2. Add in the other ingredients. 
3. Blend to your preferred thickness. If you want a thin frosty, add more water. 


Disclaimer: the swirl of chocolate syrup on top is ONLY for the picture. That swirl alone is 12 carbs! 

I found SF puddings in chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch, and cheesecake flavors. You can use any of these flavors to make a frosty, or a combination of some too! Kids aren't suppose to have SF food, so I am sure you can use a sugar added pudding if you want to make this treat for kids. I know if my kids were awake, they would have wanted mine, so an alternative for them would be ideal. 

This recipe is so simple and really satisfying. I made a large mug of a frosty, which was plenty for me! Enjoy this sweet treat! 

Cheers! 🍦
Gigi 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!