Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Repurposed Hangers

I have all these hangers in all these sizes from baby to kid to adult. I was thinking about giving a stack to my friend for her baby shower, but I thought that giving a bunch of store hangers to someone for their baby shower would look tacky. Instead, I thought of a creative way to repurpose the hangers and make them beautiful. 

It was really simple and cost me nothing. I used ribbon left over from a previous project, fabric from literally 12 years ago that hadn't been used, and sewing pins and beads I already had too. I wrapped the ribbon and fabric around the hangers and then added a decorative touch using the pins and beads. 


The brown hanger is ribbon, the blue hangers are made from denim fabric and the "I love you" is a lightweight fabric. The ribbon and lightweight fabric were easiest to maneuver and stick pins through. They also kept the shape of the hanger best since they could be pulled tightly around the hanger. 


I used a sewing needle and a very small bead to add the embellishment. 

I'm happy with the end result and I'm definintely adding them to my gift bag for my friends baby shower. It gives a little life to something that was so boring before. 

Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!