Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Low-Carb Berry Bomb

Low-Carb Berry Bomb
  
My sweet tooth will be the death of me! Like for real! So of course I have to make something to satisfy it and of course, this berry bomb did not disappoint! It tastes like berry ice cream.... except that I wanted to eat way more than a serving! 
 

The recipe was pretty simple. I recommend having silicone muffin tins in your arsenal for ideal Low-Carb cooking or at least a 12 count muffin tin and cupcake liners. 
 
Ingredients
 
  1. 2 c assorted frozen berries 
  2. 6 tbsp softened butter
  3. 8 oz softened cream cheese 
  4. 1 tsp vanilla extract (or any flavor, I used coconut)
  5. 5 packets of Splenda 
Directions

Soften butter and cream cheese in the microwave (1 min should work)

  1. Add frozen berries, butter, cream cheese, flavored extract, and Splenda to a blender (I used a Ninja Blender
  2. Pour mixture into a muffin tin lined with cucpcake liners, or, if you’re like me, just pour the mixture into a cake pan and attempt to portion it put yourself.... yea right! 😂😂
  3. Freeze overnight and pop out a delicious Berry Bomb whenever you’re hungry! 
 
This Berry Bomb was delicious eating as frozen ice cream, but it was also delicious right after I made it, eating it like a dip with Daikon Radish chips. I had never had Daikon Radishes before but found these at the Produce Market in my town and they were really good. They're like Oriental Radishes (those little red ones, that's what they're called!) but they were less "peppery" in taste. They were crunchy and just perfect with this dip. It was a nice balance between the radish "pepper" flavor and the sweetness from the berries and Splenda. I recommend you trying this Berry Bomb BOTH ways!

 

This recipe is really going to test your will power. Test to see if you have any and if you can maintain it after just one serving. Let me know how that works for you! I already told you how it worked for me! 

Sweets & Treats,
Gigi 

1 comment:

  1. I made mine in the mini silicone pan. I wanted to eat them all!! So yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!