Friday, January 19, 2018

Low-Carb Vegetable Stuffed Chicken

Low-Carb Vegetable Stuffed Chicken

A few coworkers and myself are getting serious about Low-Carb. While I was serious and very successful a few years ago, this year I “let loose” and gained some of the weight back. Well now I’m serious again and I am going to beat this battle and get back to a healthier target weight!

This recipe was so easy. Everything takes time of course, defrosting the chicken, cutting the veggies, stuffing the chicken, cooking! But I find that doing the prep on one day and cooking/baking on the other helps to break up the monotony of cooking for me, because, get real, I don’t actually like to cook.

So here's how it goes, my step by step of making this delicious Vegetable Stuffed Chicken.

1. buy the chicken. I bought 5 boneless chicken breasts at the market. I bought 5 so that when I prepped them on Sunday night, I would have enough dinner for Mon-Fri nights.
2. buy the ingredients, which are listed below. Choose veggies that you like, not necessarily the ones that I used.
3. prep the chicken. Slice the chicken in a hassleback style and stuff the veggies inside. Smother in cheese and seasonings. I suggest that when you smother the chicken in cheese, it's on the piece of tin foil that you'll wrap it in to place in the freezer. If not you'll see it might be difficult to pick up and put on the foil later.
4. wrap in foil and freeze.

Ingredients

  • 5 boneless chicken breasts
  • assorted veggies- I used 2 tomatoes, 1 c of spring mix, 3 springs of basil, 25 slices of daikon radishes, 1 green and 1 red pepper, 1/3 of an onion, 1 avocado
  • seasoning of your choice- I used adobo. Yummy!!
  • 1 c of cheese- I used mozzarella but I often use a Mexican cheese blend
  • tin foil


Directions

  • preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • prep your veggies in thin slices
  • slice the chicken in a hassleback style (5 slits throughout the body, but do not puncture all the way through)
  • stuff each chicken breast with one slice of each veggie in each slit (or however you desire)- make sure your chicken in on a piece of tin foil by now if you're going to freeze it
  • smother in cheese
  • sprinkle in seasoning
  • bake. If the chicken is fresh, it will take about 40 mins. If the chicken is frozen (not defrosted), it will take about 65 mins.
  • eat and enjoy!!

 fresh

frozen


Whether you cook your chicken "fresh" or "frozen," it all tastes delicious! I am always so hesitant because chicken can be so dry, but this chicken wasn't ever dry, it was always perfect! And honestly, I didn't even eat the chicken with an additional veggie side because it was quite filling all on it's own. I still have 2 chicken breasts in the freezer that I can't wait to eat!

I hope ya'll enjoy this recipe as much as I did! It's on my favorite list!

Cock-a Doodle-doo ya'll!
Gigi




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!