Thursday, January 25, 2018

Low-Carb Cheeseburger Casserole

Low-Carb Cheeseburger Casserole
 
Hi! Hi! Here's a great recipe for picky kids and spouses alike. It's low-carb and gluten free. It's just ground beef and cheese and if you threw a few veggies in there, finely chopped, the kids (and spouse!) wouldn't even know! As always, I prepped it the night before and baked it when I got home for dinner. It was a hit. My daughter even took it to school the next day.
 
Ingredients
  1. 2 lbs of ground beef
  2. 2 cloves of minced garlic
  3. 1/2 onion or 1/2 tsp of onion powder
  4. 8 eggs
  5. 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
  6. 1 c of heavy cream
  7. 1/2 tsp of salt
  8. 1/4 tsp of pepper
  9. 12 oz of shredded cheese
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Brown ground beef in a skillet. Add onion or onion powder.
  3. Drain grease and spread ground beef on the bottom of the pan.
  4. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and add tomato paste, heavy cream, salt, and pepper until combined.
  5. Add 8 oz of cheese into the egg bowl.
  6. Pour the entire egg mixture over the meat.
  7. Top off with the remaining cheese, or more ;)
  8. Bake for 35 minutes, until it's golden brown!

All ready to go in the oven!!!
 
All ready to be eaten!!! (oops... it already has!!)
 
Truth be told ya'll, I don't like cooking. I don't like cooking for my family that doesn't want to eat my food. It's insulting, it's annoying, it's unnecessary. My husband has been cooking for us for years so we should enjoy that, right! Well, yea of course we do, and I'm thankful that he does it, but it's the same food over and over again. I am happy to get a little bit more into cooking now, now that my kids are older, now that my husband is expanding his taste buds, now that I am not the only one eating it all. So I'll continue to post about my meals and I'll continue to share with you. I hope you enjoying reading and I hope you enjoy the recipes. Please please, leave me a comment, tell me what you liked, what you didn't like, what you tried, what you added, I love to hear from all of you!
 
Till next bake!
Gigi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!