Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Low-Carb oat-LESS-meal

Low-Carb oat-LESS-meal
 
If you're anything like me, you probably don't even bother with breakfast. I have a cup of coffee and call it a day. Who has time to sit down and eat in the morning! I have three kids who need lunches, breakfasts, a dog who needs to go outside, and I need a cup of coffee! But this breakfast is super simple. It takes as much time as it does to make my cup of coffee. And it's filling and delicious and I love it! Makes me want to get up and eat in the morning! It's a Low-Carb oat-LESS breakfast!





Ingredients
  1. 1/2 c + 2 tbsp. of Chia Seeds
  2. 1/2 c + 2 tbsp. of Golden Flax Meal
  3. 1/2 c + 2 tbsp. of unsweetened coconut flakes (shredded or flaked)
  4. 1 tbsp. + 3/4 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
(I linked all the food above to Walmart.com just because I figure everyone has a Walmart nearby, but these grocery items are available at your local grocery store, maybe in the Natural Foods aisle. I usually shop at Giant and that's where I find everything!)


Take all those ingredients and put them in a sealed Tupperware.


When it's time to make your oat-LESS-meal, scoop out 1/2 c of the above ingredients (from that sealed Tupperware) and add 1/2 c of hot water, 2 tbsp. of unsweetened almond/coconut/cashew milk, and artificial sweetener (to taste). I added 3 tbsp. of Skinny Syrup (my sweetener of choice always!) (Skinny Syrup is like Torani, it's a Sugar Free sweetener that I buy at Home Goods for $3.99)

 
And now look! Breakfast is served!
 
Happy travels,
Gigi
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!