Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Homemade Halloween- dollar pumpkins redesigned: take 2

Tonight I made two new Dollar Store pumpkins to share. 

I was shopping at Walmart and found this adorable Little Mermaid ribbon and just had to make my little princess a pumpkin too! 




I used two colored ribbons and the Little Mermaid ribbon. The solid ribbons came from the clearance bin at Walmart. Because I wanted to make the pumpkin "fit for a princess," I added self adhesive hearts in all the empty spaces that the ribbon wasn't covering. I also added some white beads in between the hearts. Madelyn came home and was super excited for her pumpkin; she asked if she could have it in her room! Of course!! 

While in the craft aisle, I also saw some buttons that got me thinking about another creative idea for a pumpkin. At first I had picked out different colored buttons and was going to pin buttons all over the pumpkins, but then I saw these letter buttons and had a better idea! 


I bought Halloween ribbon at the Dollar Store and bought sewing pins to attach it to the pumpkin. I also used the pins to attach the letters. I bought plastic rings at the Dollar Store in the shape of bats, skulls, and spiders, and put them on the pumpkin too! Plus, this 50 pack of Halloween rings can be used to fill the gift bags for Madelyn's class at her Halloween party. 

I'm constantly thinking of new and creative ways to decorate these inexpensive pumpkins. I'm also thinking about Thanksgiving and what projects I can create for another holiday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!