Monday, January 26, 2015

Baked Roma Tomatoes

Tonight I made my own Fried Green Tomatoes. OMG! These came out so delicious! I didn't use green tomatoes and I didn't fry them but boy were they one of my best experiments yet!! And of course, they're low carb!! In fact, they're almost no carb! So here it is, Experiment 2: Baked Roma Tomatoes 

Ingredients:
2 Roma tomatoes. I wouldn't buy super duper ripe ones, but you can buy ripe tomatoes or choose to buy under ripened tomatoes. 
1 2.5 oz bag of Salt & Vinegar Pork Rinds (or any flavor of your choice)
1 egg

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
2. Slice the tomatoes. They don't have to be really thin, but definitely can be if you want more of a crunch. 
3. Crush the bag of pork rinds. I put the entire bag in a ziploc bag and used a rolling pin to crush them as finely as I could. 


4. Now you're going to prepare the tomatoes like you were making French Toast! Crack an egg in a bowl, beat, and individually dip each tomatoe slice into the egg and then into the crushed pork rinds and then place on the cookie sheet. 
5. Repeat until all the tomatoe slices are on the cookie sheet.
6. Now pop them in the oven for 20 mins. 
7. When the timer rings, take the cookie sheet out and flip the tomatoe slices. Now put them back in for another 15 mins. 
8. When they're done, and look like a crispy chip, it's time to enjoy! You can enjoy them plain or with your favorite dipping sauce. I liked ranch with mine! Yummy!!!


These Baked Roma Tomatoes were super easy to make and only cost like $2!  They are nice for an appetizer, snack, or as part of your meal. Add these to your MUST TRY list!

What's your favorite veggie? Have you tried it baked?? 

Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!