Saturday, January 24, 2015

Low-Carb Pasta

I haven't had pasta for at least 9 months. While I'm not a big pasta eater, I do like it every now and then. And I've had this butternut squash pasta sauce for a while now and haven't found a use for it since I don't eat pasta. So... I finally found a pasta that I can eat! A pasta that is both low carb AND gluten free (for all your celiac/gluten free folks!) 


Shiratake Noodles, known in Japan as Miracle Noodles, are found in the refrigerated aisle by the tofu in your local grocery store. I'm not going to pretend like I know anything more about this pasta since I just heard of it for the first time this week! But after a lot of research, I made it tonight and I was quite please! 

1. Open the package with scissors. Beware, there is a strong aroma that comes from the bag. 

2. Dump the noodles into a strainer and rinse off for a good minute or two under running water. 


3. Dry off thoroughly with a paper towel. 


4. Put into a frying pan and "dry fry" the noodles, using a fork to move them around and prevent clumping. This should take about three minutes. 


5. Heat some pasta sauce, add some garlic and S&P, or stir fry in some of your favorite veggies to complete this dish! I added some butternut squash pasta sauce to mine and it turned out delicious! 


Carb breakdown:

Shiratake Noodles 
2 servings per bag= 4 carbs per serving
Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
1/2 cup= 17 carbs 
Total= 25 carbs 

Now you go and try something new! You'll be sure to enjoy! 

Gigi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!