Sunday, January 25, 2015

Low-Carb Pizza

So... A coworker of mine shared this recipe with me, and I decided to change it up a tad to make it my own. I am SO incredibly happy with the turn out! It tastes like a delicious pizza that you'd buy at your local pizza joint! This is one that you HAVE to try. 

*Note: This recipe is not low fat or low cholesterol.*

Ingredients 
(for the personal pan pizza crust): 
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
2 eggs
A few sprinkles of Italian Seasoning 

(for the pizza toppings):
1/4 cup of tomato sauce
Green olives
Pepperoni slices 
(Or any toppings of your choice) 

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 450. 
2. Line a round cake pan with parchment paper. This helps so the pizza doesn't stick to the pan. 


3. Mix the eggs, cheese, and seasoning in a bowl (like you're making an omelette). 


4. Pour the mix into the cake pan and spread evenly. 


5. Bake for 15 mins. 


I just HAD to peak! Doesn't it look great?! It smells great too!! 

6. While you're baking your pizza, get the toppings ready. I cut green olives in half and cut up large pieces of pepperoni into fourths. Prepare 1/4 cup of tomato sauce for the pizza. 


7. When the pizza is done cooking, add the tomato sauce, green olives, and pepperoni (or toppings of your choice) to the top of the pizza. 


This is what the pizza should look like after the first 15 mins. 

8. Now stick the pizza back in the oven for another 10 mins to continue baking
9. When the timer rings, take the pizza out, let cool for a minute or two, cut into fourths and ENJOY! I promise that you will!! 


This recipe is a MUST try, like I keep saying! Even my daughter who doesn't ever ever eat pizza ate a whole slice of this!! I can't wait to make more! 

Carb Breakdown:
Personal Pan Pizza crust= 8 carbs
Tomato Sauce= 4 carbs
Toppings= 0 carbs!
Total carb content for this entire pizza= 12 carbs!!! Wow!!! 

🍕 Eat Up!!
Gigi 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!