Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Low-Carb Brownies

Low-Carb Brownies

These brownies are flourless and cook like an egg soufflé. But best of all, there's only 3 carbs per serving! That's enough to soothe my sweet tooth!

Disclaimer: This post was started while the brownies were cooking. It's now being finished after eating the final product. These brownies are light and dry. I've decided that they are better than no sweet snack at all, so I am sharing the recipe with you. I'm also hoping that someone will do something different that will make them taste better and TELL ME! Good luck! 

Ingredients
-2 oz unsweetened chocolate. I bought a bar of 45% chocolate, with almonds, and no added sugar from Trader Joes. 
-1 c butter
-1 1/2 c baking Splenda
-4 eggs
-4 egg yolks 
-1 tbsp vanilla. I used 9 grams (.32 oz) of vanilla sugar, which is equivalent to 2 tsps of vanilla. 
-6 tbsp cocoa powder

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Melt chocolate and butter over VERY low heat
3. Let cool for 10 mins
4. Beat eggs until light and fluffy
5. Gradually beat in Splenda
6. SLOWLY drizzle chocolate mixture into egg mixture, beating constantly
7. Beat in cocoa powder until smooth 
8. Spread batter into a greased 12x16 jelly roll pan. I used a 12x17 since that's what I had. 
9. Bake for 40 mins, or until the top of puffed and cracked and the tester comes out with moist crumbs
10. Cool for 1 hr
11. Cut into 2 inch squares and ENJOY!

Serving size is 2 inch square. 
Carb content is 3 grams per serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!