Thursday, February 19, 2015

Baked Veggie Medley

Veggie one pan wonder. I wanted to bake several veggies for dinner tonight so instead of boiling 3 pots on the stovetop (which is 3 pots of dirty dishes later!), I decided to use a baking dish and eliminate the stove top all together! You could definitely add chicken or ground beef (or any protein really) to this dish, but I didn't have chicken so I just used veggies. I used a combination of fresh and frozen veggies, just out of convenience, and they all cooked perfectly. Nothing was mushy and everything had a great taste! I don't know that I'd recommend canned veggies though; they're already sitting in enough water.

So I simply added the veggies of my choice- fresh cauliflower, fresh and frozen turnips, frozen green beans and one fresh onion. I wanted to use greens too but I wasn't sure how they'd bake for such a long time. Maybe another night. Once I layered all the veggies- in rows- I added 3 tbsp of butter and sprinkled with about 1/4 packet of Ranch. In hindsight, it could have used a little more ranch. Then I covered with tin foil and baked at 350 degrees for 45 mins. 


I used a glass dish because I have read that it heats better than metal, so I gave it a try. It still took 45 mins. 

I cooked a lot of veggies, so of course I needed help eating them all! Good thing veggies are one thing that everyone in my family loves! Finally, a meal I can share with the family! 


Pure Success!
Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!