Friday, February 6, 2015

Low-Carb Cheese Balls

Ok. So last night I made some cheese balls. I start off by calling them cheese balls because it allows the imagination to run wild with "what is a cheese ball?" and the many visuals you have when first hearing "cheese ball." But the cheese ball I made is nothing like what is going through your head. So let me tell you about it. 

I was hungry, wanted a sweet dessert, and I recalled reading some post on one the many low carb Facebook pages that I follow about this cheese ball. It's so simple, yet doesn't sound so exciting, but is so tasty! It's literally a ball of Philly cream cheese rolled in sugar free jello powder! That's it! I don't have to even include an ingredient or instruction list on this blog because it is that easy. Get some cream cheese, roll it into a ball (any size really, but these treats can be rich, so I'd keep it small) and then roll it in a sugar free packet of jello (any flavor). I used sugar free raspberry. It tasted like a piece of cheesecake. Yum! 


So, while I acknowledge that this dessert sounds a little unconventional, it really is delicious. Yes, it's probably fattening, but the low carb lifestyle works best when accompanied by full fat foods. I know this from experience. 

Carb Count
4 oz cream cheese = 8 carbs
That's it! Sugar free jello, prepared or not, has no carbs. 

Perfect snack! Now go enjoy! 
Gigi 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!