Sunday, February 15, 2015

Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie

Craving a dessert, as always, at 10 pm at night! So I found a simple recipe for a low-carb pumpkin pie. And of course I had to try it! I actually had all the ingredients at hand so it was now just a matter of throwing them in a bowl, mixing together and baking! 

Ingredients
- 1 can of puréed pumpkin (15 oz can)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Splenda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (flavored or not) 

Instructions
1. Prep all ingredients in a bowl


2. Mix with a hand mixer


3. Pour into a pie pan
4. Bake for 20 mins at 400 degrees 
5. Let sit for 2 hours to settle 

When I found his recipe, there were no comments on how it came out, so I'll add my own comments. The pie didn't come out firm. The edges looked firm and it didn't jiggle (like it did when I first took it out of the stove). But even though the consistency wasn't really "pie like," it was still really delicious. I would recommend scooping it out and putting it over some pancakes for breakfast actually! You can also find a low-carb pancake recipe on my blog!


Carb Breakdown
65.5 total carbs
Slice pie into 8= 8.19 carbs per slice 

It feels like fall in my house, even though its actually 7 degrees outside... Brrrr... 

Gigi 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!