Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Low-Carb Hot Cocoa

On a fridgid day like today, I needed a hot drink! It's 12 degrees outside, most roads aren't plowed, and the state of Maryland has declared a state of emergency. But I'm snug in my home, with blankets and warmth at my toes. I made some pancakes with pumpkin purée for breakfast accompanied by a hot cup of Low-Carb Hot Cocoa. Perfect combination for this wintry morning!


Ingredients
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 4 packets of Splenda 

Instructions
1. Combine all ingredients in a mug and stir together. 


2. Microwave until hot (2 mins for me)
3. Stir again and enjoy! 

This drink is only 5 carbs! Compare that to a prepackaged hot cocoa drink! 


Pair this hot drink with your favorite breakfast and enjoy your time indoors while the cold stays far away... 

My favorite breakfast! Yum! See my recipes for Low-Carb Pancakes & Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie on my blog for these fantastic and delicious breakfast treats!! 

Enjoy! And stay warm!!
Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!