Sunday, February 15, 2015

Low-Carb Macaroons

So while I sat and waited (and waited and waited since it felt like forever) for my Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie to settle, I still craved a sweet treat! So I found a simple recipe for low-carb macaroons and made them! With this post, you can absolutely not judge a book by its cover because these macaroons were a mess, but (once I cleaned them up), they were pretty and so damn good! I can't stop eating them either! They're super low in carbs and filled with coconut which is my favorite flavor! Check them out!!

Ingredients
- 4 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of Splenda
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut

Instructions
1. Beat eggs and salt with a hand mixer
2. Add Splenda and continue beating
3. Gently fold in coconut with a spatula 
4. On a parchment lined cookie sheet, scoop a spoonful of the batter and place on cookie sheet
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 mins 

Like I said, these guys looked like a mess. The batter was runny so when I peaked at them while cooking, they looked like this...


BUT they smelled good so I was hopeful that they weren't too screwed up!! 

When the 15 mins were over, I had this...


So I trimmed the excessive batter, which also tasted super delicious, and shaped the cookies to resemble macaroons. Once that was done, I think they came out looking "normal-ish."



Give it a try! This recipe was so easy and each macaroon is only 3.1 carbs! I ended up with large macaroons, 11 for the batter, but the whole batter was 34 carbs. Maybe you'll want smaller macaroons as these are hard to eat just one! They're are soooooo sooooooo good! This is my favorite cookie so far!!!!

Yummy in my Tummy!!!
Gigi 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!