Sunday, March 15, 2015

Chocolate Mug Cake - *Kid Friendly*


I need a show of hands... What parent can eat a dessert without their kids begging for a bite? Not mine!! Of course the littles want what I'm eating! My five year old knows that I don't eat carbs, but my two year old doesn't understand, so it's hard to keep my yummy desserts away from the kids. So I adapted my already delicious mug cake recipe for the kids! It's not sugar free or low-carb, but is still gluten free and delicious. 

Ingredients
- 2 spoonfuls of coconut oil (though any oil is fine) 
- 1 egg
- 1 spoonful of unsweetened cocoa powder (Hershey's chocolate powder (maybe even syrup) would work too!) 
- 1 spoonful of almond flour (or regular flour) 
- 1 spoonful of milk (I used whole, but skim, or almond milk would work too) 
- a dash of salt
- 2 spoonfuls of maple syrup (I used pure maple syrup from a vacation trip to Vermont) 

Instructions
- melt the oil (coconut oil is hard though other oils are already in liquid form) in the mug in the microwave for 1 minute
- add the egg to the mug and beat
- add the other ingredients and continue to stir 
- bake in the mug in the microwave for 70 seconds 
- let sit in the microwave for another minute then plop onto a plate 
- top with whipped cream and/or sprinkles to create something pretty for the littles! 
- enjoy! 


Both of my kids enjoyed this cake so much! Next time, I'm going to add some M&Ms, just because! 

My little copy cats! Love them!!


Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!