Saturday, March 14, 2015

Low-Carb Mug Cake


OMG! I found this recipe for a mug cake. It's just like it sounds, a cake that you prepare and cook, in a mug. It's so simple and after try 2 (with adjustments), it's so tasty! And believe me when I say that because I'm not a chocolate lover, but I love this mug cake!! It's so simple! And it's gluten free and low carb and really perfect for anyone to make and enjoy! 

Ingredients
- 2 spoonfuls of coconut oil
- 1 egg 
- 1 spoonful of unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk 
- 1 spoonful of unsweetened cocoa powder 
- 1 spoonful of almond flour
- a dash of salt
- 3 spoonfuls of Torani vanilla syrup

I wanted to keep the clean up to a minimum, so I used a small eating spoon for all the ingredients and just one mug. 

Instructions
- heat the coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute in the mug


- once the oil has melted, crack the egg in the mug and beat
- then add the rest of the ingredients and continuing stirring together 


- heat in the microwave for 70 seconds and then let sit for another minute 


- for the purpose of photos, I turned the mug upside down and let the cake drop on the plate 


While I acknowledge that his mug cake doesn't look so tasty in the photos, don't knock it till you try it. It's freaking delicious!! I used Torani syrup verses Splenda because it: a) is less carbs and b) is sweeter and sweetens the unsweetened flavor of the coca powder. It made all the difference (because I tried Splenda first and wasn't impressed). 

Carb Count:
4 carbs

Now it's time for you to try this simple, delicious, and healthy dessert without guilt! I'm glad I did!! 

Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!