Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Low-Carb/Egg Fast Snickerdoodle (adaptation)


While doing the Egg Fast earlier this month, I came across this recipe for a Low-Carb Snickerdoodle Crepe on the blog I Breathe I'm Hungry (IBIH).

The first time I made the crepes, I followed the recipe. I thought they were too sweet and the serving size wasn't quite enough for you, so I adapted the recipe to be more my speed and still Egg Fast friendly. 

The ingredients listed below will yield three large crepes and "sauce." I ate one crepe per meal. The ingredients will list the total recipe amount and the individual serving amount in parentheses. 

Ingredients

For the crepe:
- 6 eggs (2) 
- 5 oz of cream cheese (1.75 oz) 
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (1/8 tsp) 
- 1 tbsp granulated Splenda (or other sugar substitute) (1/3 tbsp)
- butter for frying

For the "sauce:"
- 5 tbsp of butter (1.75 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp of granulated Splenda (or other sugar substitute) (3/4 tbsp) 
- 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon (1/3 tsp) 

Instructions
I mixed all the ingredients together in a magic bullet though you can use any other blending device. I swear by the magic bullet for several reasons though: 
1. It's small, therefore easy to clean and takes up very little space in storage. 
2. It mixes in its own cup and has a lid for easy storage/refrigeration. 
3. It's safe to use with your "little" helpers. 
4. It's easy to pre-portion into 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, etc. 

For the crepe: 
- microwave the cream cheese for about 1- 1 1/2 mins
- add all the other crepe ingredients (to the softened cream cheese) (except the butter for frying) and blend together
- let the batter sit for 5 mins
- heat the butter up in a frying pan over medium heat
- pour 1/3 of the batter (if making the full three portion batter) into the frying pan 
- flip once the batter isn't "jiggly" in the frying pan

For the "sauce:"
- melt the butter in the microwave for about 2 mins
- add the sugar sub and cinnamon to the melter butter
- belt together

- once the crepe and "sauce" are done, pour 1/3 of the sauce into the middle of the crepe and roll the crepe up





- you can add a little extra sauce on top of the crepe to complete!

Carb Count
net carbs per serving is: 3
And trust me, one crepe is all you're going to need. It's actually very filling!! 

Thanks to IBIH for the original recipe! 

Keep it Sweet!
Gigi 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!