Sunday, March 8, 2015

Low-Carb Pancakes II

Here's another recipe for low-carb pancakes. I had some cottage cheese that I didn't want to eat plain so I tried a new pancake recipe. It came out good, once I perfected the recipe. Oiy, always trial and error with me! 

Ingredients
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 3/4 cup of cottage cheese (I used 4% milk fat) 
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt

Instructions
- use a food processor to finely chop the cottage cheese


- beat the eggs
- add finely chopped cottage cheese and other ingredients to the eggs and mix


- pour a small spoonful onto a lightly greased frying pan or skillet at 350 degrees


- cook until golden brown 


- top with butter, syrup, or cinnamon and sugar and enjoy!


Carb Breakdown
You're not going to believe this but the whole batter was only 11 carbs! And it made 20 pancakes! I added one packet of Splenda and some butter on top and ate 18 of the 20 pancakes (so I'm a pig!). So my entire breakfast was only 12 carbs (because the one Splenda packet is only 1 carb). This was a perfect way to start my day! (Even if it didn't start till noon!) 

Happy Sunday!
Gigi 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!