Monday, March 23, 2015

Sneider Fauxtatoe Salad

This Fauxtatoe Salad is a tribute to my Aunt Cori and her mom. The recipe is for a potatoe salad, but I substituted turnips for potatoes. It's my Aunt Cori's recipe and she told me that her mom used to cook with turnips, so I wanted to dedicate this Low-Carb recipe to the Sneider ladies! ❤️

Ingredients
- 4 strands of fresh dill, rinsed and chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, sliced thin
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- 2 turnips, peeled and cubed 
- 2 tbsp salt (I used a combination of garlic salt, seasoned salt, and white salt) 
- 1 cup real mayo 
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar 

Instructions
- cut the veggies
- boil some water in a large pot
- once the water is boiling, add the chopped turnips for about 5 mins. You don't want them mushy but not too hard either. 
- when turnips are done, take off burner and add 1 cup of apple cider vinegar to the pot to "fix" fauxtatoes (aka prevent browning). 10 mins will do. Stir around. 


- drain the turnips from the water and rinse off
- add turnips to a large bowl
- add 1/2 cup of mayo, and 1/2 of the other ingredients to the bowl with the turnips
- fold in the mayo
- add the remaining ingredients and then fold everything together 
- add salt (and pepper to taste) to the salad and continue mixing
- no need to wait, just dig in! 


A BIG thanks to my Aunt Cori for this super simple and delicious potatoe salad recipe. With a little creativity, this recipe made an awesome Sneider Fauxtatoe Salad! OH! And the best part! My five year old picky daughter asked for some in her lunch!!! Whoop!!!! Whoop!!!! 

A very happy, low-carbing momma!
Gigi 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!