Monday, March 30, 2015

Low-Carb/Egg Fast Cream & Herbs Egg Bowl


I saw a recipe for eggs with (heavy whipping) cream and herbs that I desperately wanted during my Egg Fast but the ingredients just didn't match up with the Egg Fast requirements. So, I put on my creativity hat, and really adjusted the recipe to make it Egg Fast friendly! Did you know that 1 portion of heavy whipping cream = 1/2 portion of cream cheese? We'll now you know and that's what I subbed out in this recipe to get the "creamy" effect! I used 2 oz ramekins which only hold 1 egg, but the recipe can be doubled if you are using a 4 oz ramekin which can hold 2 eggs. 

Ingredients
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 tbsp butter (or oil) 
- 1/2 tbsp Rosemary & 1/2 tbsp Thyme- mix together 
- (optional) Parmesan cheese 

Instructions
- preheat oven to 425 degrees
- build your 4 2 oz ramekins according to the diagram



(when cracking the egg into the ramekin, do not pierce the yolks)
- (optional) add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top of the herbs


- bake for 10-12 mins- place on a cookie sheet/pan so the ramekin is stable in the oven 


- once the whites are settled and the yolks are soft, 
- and the butter has melted to the bottom of the ramekin, 
- enjoy!! 


Each ramekin is 1 egg/1 fat/.5 cheese. Enjoy 2-3 ramekins for a meal or 1 for a snack! 

Creamy & Dreamy! 
Gigi 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! It's your comments that keep me blogging along!